Hawaii beach wedding permits and marriage licenses
are easier to organize than you think! The State of Hawaii has streamlined the processes and made it relatively simple and efficient to obtain both of them. With the Hawaii beach wedding permit, normally the wedding company who is coordinating your ceremony will take care of that for you. There will be a small fee involved which ranges from company to company. With the Hawaii marriage license, your wedding company will not be involved, because this is a contract between you, your partner and the State.
Our video below gives you a great overview of what you need to know regarding Hawaii beach wedding permits and marriage licenses:
Hawaii beach wedding permits
As stated above, your wedding company should take care of your Hawaii beach wedding permit for you as part of their coordination service, and then charge you a fee for this. Each company has a different price and it normally costs slightly more for large groups (Aloha Ever After charges $50). Please note that State rules apply to everyone in Hawaii, companies and non-companies alike, who are conducting a beach wedding here.
There are a few basic rules to be aware of:
- No alcohol is allowed to be consumed on the beach;
- No chairs, wedding arches, tents or tiki torch arrangements are allowed on the beach;
- No amps or electric amplification of music is allowed on the beach;
- Insurance is required (Aloha Ever After and most professional wedding companies have this).
Hawaii marriage licenses
Hawaii marriage licenses are a contract between you, your partner and the State of Hawaii. They can be filled out in advance at https://emrs.ehawaii.gov/emrs/public/registration.html.
However, you and your partner will still need to make an appointment to go in person to an authorized marriage license agent. You will need to bring:
- Both of you, in person (no proxies allowed);
- Governmental-issued ID;
- Code you received when you submitted form online;
- $65 license fee paid to State (either online or in person to agent);
- $5 fee paid to marriage license agent (cash only, in person).
So the cost will be $70 in total.